Monday, January 31, 2011

BACKTOSCHOOL

Got back from Japan (Tokyo and Hokkaido) about a week ago (pics are being edited. hahah)
and i spent the week before starting work with Sher, meeting him after his DSO internship, meeting him AT DSO for lunch, surprising him outside the lab to have dinner, watching (THE VERY ACTION PACKED&FUNNY) The Green Hornet, standing on top of the pinnacle admiring sunset...

My baby's leaving in a week, right after CNY. Which gives me two days to spend with him :(

Anyway, it's two weeks. I hope I'll be kept busy with the kids at BROADRICK SEC! (((:

Yes! It was my BACKTOSCHOOL day today. Was jittery the whole night before, trying on outfits and packing whiteboard markers.

I met Shaina, a fellow intern who went for training with me, at Paya Lebar MRT and then we took a train to Dakota (say de-koh-duh). The rain wasn't much of an obstacle, seeing that there was a shelter built between Dakato station and BSS.

Here's a list of things i did today!

-Received an access card (so kewl! i need it to use the staff toilet. heh. and enter the staff room, AKA Broad Haven, and the GO)
-Got my table. (OMG,i have a table!!!)
-Introduced to the school cohort and met teachers and Key Personnel along the way
-Chat with the P!
-Lunch at the canteen
-Lesson experience (Character and Citizen Education with Ms Kim's form class-CNY deco, followed by a period of science-chem with her sec3 class)

At the end of the day, i was exhausted...mostly mentally, from all the new information and the constant reminders to myself that i no longer am a student. I was pleasantly surprised when a lower sec boy greeted me (by Ms Ashley) as i was in the corridor after flag raising. Oh yes, the canteen vendor said (in Chinese), "Morning teacher, would you like to have rice?". Heh, teacher. And the kids from 3A5 took that burden off me with the constant "Cher!" calls.

Haha, it was a great day. Many challenges to overcome, projects to complete, lessons to experience and students to meet. I'm enjoying every minute of it.


:D

No comments: