Saturday, February 27, 2010

ALLER!

Scribbling in my organiser, made me realise how busy i was going to be, starting tomorrow...
Take a look at the "Future Dates" section somewhere down there--->
It's just the tip of the iceberg.
Eek.

Well, on a more present note, j1s' training the past week was pretty smooth flowing
They are beginning to show some potential (:
and i think they learn really fast! (regarding the knots, belaying, harness stuff and climbing calls)

The J1s in our group comprise Atiqah, Naomi, Breyon and Caden Lowe.
Tell me their names aren't unique. HAHA ;D
Us J2s include lala, Alistair, Zhengwei and myself.
We can't help but reveal our crazy selfs already...

Mock Competition yesterday was quite surprising for me
Firstly cos i didn't feel any nerves going into isolation and stepping up to the boulder walls
I guess it's experience that we've all been exposed to(:
Secondly, I managed to top the first wall route (after 2 attempts because i aimed poorly-overshot the bonus tile) and onsight the second wall just barely.
I remember telling myself that i had to give it my all. Especially while attempting to match hands on that eagle nonsense!
The roof proved to be hard for me - no surprise there. But it really makes me wanna train up my core and do more roof routes!
Lastly, i was glad to have entered the final round amidst competition from Loyang, Springfield, UWC and SJII.

The finals (Novice Men Qualifiers) were wayyy out of my league though, i only managed a bonus on the 2nd route. This is why we aren't Men right!?

Towards the end of the competition, people were getting hungry/tired/listless and all. I was upset about something my parents said/implied/did. And i just wanna thank those who were there to comfort me(:

Jac, Clement, Calvin, Val TYVM. Plus all the climbers who were there, your presence made me feel all that better(Y)

Yesterday i knew for sure.
That i wanted to climb - not because it was a CCA, nor because it kept me fit, nor for pure enjoyment.
Besides all that, I love doing it.
And hence I will keep on doing it.


aller ashley

No comments: