Monday, April 26, 2010

let's just fall in love again

why do I compete - a question clement asked me, to which i gave a "politically correct" answer: Exposure

I say I'm not in it for the tangible accomplishments,
The shiny medals and glittery trophies that speak volumes in an instant
I know it's more than that - for how long can these last?

Competing psyches me up, a feeling we hardly get to indulge in
And we react accordingly by taking advantage of this boost of adrenaline
Without causing too much a strain on the nerves and tummy

What's most important is competing with yourself
Because once you compare, you insult you
Don't think about RELATIVE, think about I

Yet sometimes instincts tell us otherwise
Nobody enters a competition aiming to lose
Not one person would willingly give up without a fight

I hate to feel jealous or disgruntled or upset
When I want to do is be happy and unselfish
But every time, every time, it hits a nerve (the one that never wants to lose)




CLIMB X is coming up, and I've decided to participate
Even though I have not trained for high-wall difficulty since Batu Caves???
The main reason is that this would be our final high-wall competition
And more importantly,
I don't want to leave without falling in love with our amazing wall again

Allez ash(:

No comments: