Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Lead Climbing

So it's been a long time since leading, like serious leading. And so I found myself being a little more than afraid yesterday at the UTown rockwall. I've forgotten what it was like to scale the TJ ooverhang/baby roof. Maybe it's the insecurity of having the rope below rather than above you, or the unfamiliarity of the new wall. I was rather embarassed at my first (failed) attempt of a route because I chose to give up and be lowered. I did give it another go though (after I witnessed Yunni, Val and Su Fern complete it), and gradually I do hope to overcome this irrational fear. I also did another route without hanging at all. And it was a route I knew I could flash. It's a baby step, I know. But a step in the right direction.

This year's resolution will be to commit. If I can't then I must. 

No comments: