Monday, June 14, 2010

study?

with all that's going on right now
studying is one of the last things on my mind
(contrary to popular belief yes?)

as I'm typing, I'm surrounded (in the dining area)
with close to 20 boxes
containing toiletries to files; photoalbums to pots
can you believe the amount of things we're NOT keeping?

I'd liken my house to a war-zone, tyvm
the dust collected over 15 years doesn't like to be unsettled
the cupboards don't like to be ransacked
at least my nose which gets ever so irritated by the air-borne particles tells me so

this move is the first i can remember, the second that happened in my lifetime
yet it feels like the last thing i want to do
I've been pulling and stacking, packing and wiping, sneezing and taping...
And then there's the labelling, stock-checking, not-eating and shouting

It's been only about a week but it feels like it's been too long
And thankfully, I'm grateful to say - we're almost there.
After 33 boxes of clothes, memorabilia and "essential" items
and 47 other individual pieces of electronic/bulky/non-boxable items
WE ARE DONE (almost)

studying's the LEAST of my problems. Least.
I'm now getting ready to scream at my very responsible brother who was responsible enough to leave the house in chaos to GO OUT.

No comments: