Monday, December 06, 2010

days before prom

SATURDAY:
cleaned the house, spick and span! Babysitted Caleb (who's at the most adorable stage now cos he walks like a penguin and sometimes falls on his bum from imbalance...) and fell asleep while trying to put HIM to sleep. Babies... Haha, he'd get kinda sleepy, and comfortable. And just as he's about to shut his eyes... He realises it isn't his room, gets cranky and crawls out to the living room to play. Finally got him to sleep in his pram later on.

After his parents came to pick him, Sam Yee, mommy and I went over to Echo lounge (by foot! i love the convenience of staying in Central SG) to watch Mi Chelle's Christmas gig(: It was really good and i think i had goosebumps when they sang Orphans of God.

SUNDAY:
Went out shopping with mommy (on foot! teehee) to OG for pants. Trimmed my dead hair ends and dolled up for a wedding(:

The wedding was at Conrad Centennial. And no, mommy and I didn't go by foot. Uh, i wasn't supposed to go, but i was filling for someone who fell ill! So, the young bride, Carlene was mommy's colleague's daughter.. But later on i found out how small Singapore really was. The dinner was pleasantly interrupted between dishes with videos made by friends and a guitar acoustic solo by the emcee, a close friend of Say Wei (groom!)

And in one of the vids, I heard these, "Carlene... first year in Temasek JC" and... "She won a lot of climbing competitions". EPIPHANY. okay, over-enthusiastic. Uhm, ding! (?) hhaha. So, later when the newlyweds approached our table for a photo, I told Carlene I was in TJCCC(: and she asked if Phil still coached us. Unfortunately Phil and Kel were just back from CM and Kelly wasn't feeling too well. IF NOT i would have seen them there! :D Anyhow, what was really amazing was that Carlene and Say Wei (who's also a climber!) had been together for seven years... which means. They'd been dating since J1 0.0

How sweet is that? Having someone so dear to you to see you through two graduations, enlistment, POP, ORD, your first job...

To sum up? Bliss.

MONDAY:
so yesterday was an i-can't-open-my-eyes-i-just-wanna-sleep-day

mostly because of the interview i was gonna have with MOE regarding a three-month teaching internship next year. How'd that cost me my sleep?

After the wedding, it was close to midnight when we got home. So i packed my things and tried to sleep. Except... Questions and possible interview scenarios bombarded my half-concious state. And i only started dozing off at three.

Then at 4.44am. A dear friend called. She cried and I listened and I hope she's much much better now. Darling, if you're reading this, remember what i said ok? XOXO

So, the next morning I rushed through makeup and G2000 pants to be punctual for MOE. And in the end, it really wasn't too bad(: Sure, i could have done better. But i think it was pretty manageable and I said what I'd truly thought through the past couple of days. Fingers crossed! They'll get back to me by the end of this week. Or next :D

Oh yes, I did my nails too! And the manicurist asked if i was a stewardess. hahaah.

No comments: