Tuesday, November 17, 2009

twist flag crimp(:

so many things have happened lately that i can't believe PW only ended a week ago
(:

firstly, i'm thrilled that i'm going to Batu Caves and Camp 5 in more than a week's time
But something else that came up was Ms Koh's approved proposal to go to Indonesia for 4D3N (23rd - 26th Nov)

I sat on the edge of my bed trying to weigh the whole Pro&Con thing
Going to Indonesia:
PRO #1 - i'd see the fruits of my labour through the past 8 months
PRO #2 - get credit for whatever we'd done (portfolio recognition)

CON #1 - it would clash with KL for a day, was it worth the trouble trying to accomodate both trips? transport would be a problem... and seeing that i'd already troubled Philip and Mr Kao so much, should i change my plans? Again? It wouldn't be fair. At all.
CON #2 - missing out on the fun in KL. Seriously, how much could you do in 4 days at Batam?

In the end, i told myself i couldn't let this affect my decision in going KL. All this while, the college leaders have been fickle in deciding the whole TOOP Cambodia/Yunnan/whatever's coming next.

When i heard Yunnan had been cancelled, i don't know why exactly, but it's like this switch inside of me that reads "enthusiasm about TOOP" went off. I wasn't interested in the local project, and i was done moping around in less than a day. The KL trip really helped me pick up. And it WAS confirmed, i WANTED to go. Sorry if this affects the team dynamics in any way. I just don't want to go through all that change-of-plans nonsense. I've had enough. Really.

Earlier that day, I was in the canteen, telling Zhengyu about the whole situation at home. Believe or not, i actually broke down. Well, i wasn't in a good state of mind to begin with, and i just knew he'd understand where i was coming from. Thanks for hearing me out Zhengyu & JAC! (: the rest of the climbers at the bouldering area (B-area) like Alistair, Rah, Calvin, Shakila and Dong were comforting too. For that, and for the bouldering that temporarily relieved my worries, and for the lunch after - i'm grateful!



twist, flag, crimp - TJCCC(c?) never fails to put a smile on my face






No comments: