Sunday, March 14, 2010

NW finals

Flash format. Detail 4. 6 routes. 2 flashes, 1 top, 2 bonuses. Ranked 14th.

There are SOOOO many pictures on fb, it is SCARY.

Just imagine, 182 pictures from Calvin, 136 others from Mr Kao, 200 (not complete) from Lisa. And my overdue Gravical NW/NM/NW finals plus Boulderactive IW/IM/NW/NM pictures have yet to be uploaded!! Screams. Jac, please relieve me of them, credits are all yours if you do them for me ;)

Reflections on my NW climb? I guess I just had this "I wanna flash as many routes as I can and prove to those supporting me that I did not enter the Intermediate Category by chance". We were probably all tired and had zero psych from all that waiting (+- 5 hours), but we still did our customary warm-up (unique to TJCCC!) and watched Details 1 and 2 compete.

As I was reading some of the routes while Detail 2 was climbing, I saw from the corner of my eye, a trail of red-shirted guys were half-running towards the wall. Turning, I spotted Calvin right in front and the other J2 guys. Following them, the (almost) ENTIRE J1 entourage. A smile broke out on my face and i ran over to Calvin(:

I was just SO touched knowing that they had rushed down from school just to watch us compete for a mere 20 minutes. The J1 juniors too, could have gone home and enjoyed an early Friday night, BUT they came and gave their support, cheering like a wild fan club. Each time the emcees mentioned 'TJ', a roar of support just made me beam;D

I did not do as well as I'd have liked too. But the IW did compete in the morning and on the bright side, I attempted every route (unlike at Gravical).

Route 1: unable to reach bonus (too tired cos it was one of the last routes i attempted)
Route 2: 2 attempts to bonus (i just felt like my sequencing wasn't very right, and hesitated a bit too much..
Route 3: Balancey, but I LIKE. 2 attempts - both reaching the final tile, but was unable to STICK IT. sigh, wasted=(
Route 4: flash
Route 5: flash
Route 6: top on 2nd attempt

Videos, like my pictures, will take time. It's more for my own viewing, but feel free to comment!

With that, we end part 1 of our Bouldering season. Now to focus on J1s/NSSCC

No comments: