Friday, March 12, 2010

Of bruises and abrasions

few more injuries added to my list(:

Approximately 4 new bruises on my knees, my skin's peeling from every finger, some unknown wound on my left wrist and a series of abrasions on my right wrist.

The above were all results of Gravical and today's Boulderactive at Orchard Central organised by NUS.

I sound like a sadist? Maybe, but these injuries are so much more to me. I'll not complain that they hurt or will cause ugly scars, for one sole reason... I'm back ;D I am officially 100% recovered and on full form. The back injury is passe now and I'm no longer trying to catch up with the team (from the hiatus through Nov/Dec/Jan)

Arriving just in time with Jac at 8.30am, we registered and got our goody bags, quickly changing and settling in amidst the 23 Intermediate Women climbers. My arm was marked [IW 18] and in that second i thought. Wow. Intermediate. *beams*

I kept telling myself: no stress, no pressure. It's my FIRST inter comp! Have fun, get all the experience I can(:

Approaching the first wall, the sequence seemed pretty do-able. But i was stumped by the side-of-the-volume sloper. Yes, that is where i scraped my wrist. three times=(

2nd route was crappy holds entirely.... I barely slapped my left hand on the bonus tile, before slipping off.

3rd route was all about lay-backing. I looked at it, and *WHIMPER!* just popped into my mind. haha, well, i took way too long getting towards the bonus tile..

4th route. HAHAHHA. cannot start. XD so morale-boosting aye? if i was given 10 mins, maybe my fantastic brain would have gotten me somewhere higher than the starting hold. HA

5th, final route. FLASH. FLASH. FLASH. FLASH. FLASH. FLASH. oh no, ONSIGHT. heehee. Jac came to me as i was resting, and said, "You can flash this." It just gave me all the encouragement i needed to rid myself of all negative emotions and give it my all for the final route. And yes, i was feeling high after completing it.

No comments: