Sunday, December 13, 2009

Los Angeles! day 3

[Day 3; 11th Nov]

As expected, I woke up near midday today and had breakfast before practicing some piano. Oh yes, Mom was still nagging at me to practice, “Make use of this time to practice your piano! We’ll only be here for half a week more.”

We decided not to have lunch since breakfast was pretty filling. So, Target it was. Didn’t see much while shopping there for about two hours… We then went to get fruits from this really quaint fruit market before picking J-Zach from school.

T.J.Maxx was next on our shopping itinerary – not that we were scheduling anything – but I didn’t find much again here. Dinner was at a nearby BBQ place called Lucille’s and it was pretty delicious. What I loved most about that place was the interior and its ambience. Like those 1940s ranch houses, it hung irrelevant posters and quirky photos all around the walls. I took plenty of photos (of the ribs that we’d ordered too!). For appetisers we had onion rings, and this was really good. Portoin was so huge that even the six of us had trouble finishing up. It came with this yummy honey mustard sauce ;)

When the baby-back ribs and St. Louis pork ribs we ordered came, I was all too excited. But sorry to disappoint, the St. Louis at Café Cartel has more flavor and is way tenderer. All, but Dad, at the table agreed on that.

It was only 7.30pm when we got home and since it was chilly in the living room, we started a nice fire going(: I think it was hypnotizing watching the flames and sparks and ashes, which was pretty much why I took an early night. Plopping to bed, I even had on my button-up Gap jeans and sweater that I wore out that day.

It’s close to 2am now, and I’d gotten up after a five-hour “nap” to shower. And write in my journal. Tomorrow, or today technically, it’s Saturday and we’ll be going to Knotts’ Berry Farm. It’s America’s FIRST theme park and boasts crazy-thrill rides. Haha, I told myself earlier that I must break away from my phobia of roller-coasters that go three sixty. I hope I don’t back out!

No comments: