Sunday, December 20, 2009

Philly! Day 10 & 11

[Day 10; 18th Nov]
Breakfast at home before we left to explore Philadelphia. I studied the map with attractions and all the night before, so I led us four around today.

Our first stop was Washington Park, where we saw squirrels (that willingly posed for me!)! Walking MORE to the historic part of Philly again, we went to this Visitor’s Centre and got free tics to a tour.

I was pretty hyped up because daddy usually doesn’t go on tours inside buildings/museums. But
since this tour of the Independence Hall was free, why not right? Unfortunately, the tour was A BORE. A terrible BORE. History lessons aren’t as boring. Wasted my time in there… at least we got warmth?

Franklin’s Court was next on our agenda. Here, we posted our(Singapore)selves a postcard! Haha, I don’t know why, but since we did the same in Vatican City (2 years back), why not? (:
We stopped at Campo’s for lunch and had more philly cheesesteaks! Fulfilling I must say. Especially the freshly-cooked meat that’s steaming is more than I can ask for after walking in the cold…

Penn’s Landing was close by, so we just walked on and saw from afar, the bridge that linked Philadelphia to New Jersey. By then, I couldn’t stand the winds (which got worse since we got closer to the river..!) Thankfully, we soon took a subway to 30th St. Station. Here, we were to pick up our rented car, but Daddy said we were early so we just admired the pretty neoclassical designs in the interior, very grand(: for some reason, after having a 99c HOT CHOC from Dunkin’ Donuts, I fell asleep on the bench waiting for the car. An hour or so passed, and finally.
We got our snow-white 4WD Dodge. CAR = less walking = AWESOMEZXZX

We DROVE (no more walkingggg!) to the north of Philly, to see the Boathouse Row and grabbed dinner. It was 10pm, just nice for free parking, when we arrived back at Belgravia.
Night!

[Day 11; 19th Nov]
What happened today? It snowed! Biggest snowstorm in Philly for 30 years!

We were planning to wake up at 6am today, but I only got up at 7 because Daddy took a whole
hour deciding whether or not we should drive to Canada today.

So we did! Drive. THE WHOLE DAY. So there’s really nothing exciting except us reaching there in 11 hours, in time for sleep. Haha! I finished reading “For One More Day” by Mitch Albom though, another good read.

No comments: