Sunday, December 06, 2009

BATU CAVES! [1]




BATU CAVES, Kuala Lumpur

26th – 30th December 2009

DAY 1 [26th Dec, Thurs]

0930 – The bus ride to KL consisted of the following… Half of Confessions of a Shopaholic, TABOO! With the back gang of the bus (the noisier half indeed), card games like tai di, bridge and not forgetting camwhoring.

1600 – Settled in to SwissInn Hotel and took a quick nap before dinner. My roomies for the trip were Valerie, Vanessa and Kristal (: we shared the family room which many envied cos it was pretty spacious. However I can’t say the same about the toilet, where the water from the shower head and tap seemed to flow out unwillingly…

1800 – We took a train down to KLCC, dealing first with the inefficient, slow, and cranky ticketing machine. Dinner was free and easy so Valerie, Gwen, Clement, Kristal and I joined Mr Kao, Philip and Kelly @ little penang kafe. I had a not so yummy char kway teow but a satisfying chendol(:

After that we browsed around the shopping centre and did some grocery shopping for midnight snacks (famous amos! Double choc pecans and butterscotch pecans) and crag food (Carmens).

2200 – Drowsily, we had a briefing about the next day’s climb @ this meeting room in the hotel. We then packed our crag bags, showered and went to sleeeeep.

0000 – Too tired to rendezvous with the rest of the girls.. (maybe cos their rooms were two floors down?) Oh yes, I felt a sore throat coming around so I drowned myself in non-tap water which probably explains why I woke up every two hours to pee.


No comments: