Thursday, December 17, 2009

Los Angeles! Day 7; Philly! Day 8

[Day 7; 15th Nov]
Last day in LA.
Again, we did not do much… How’d I remember? Cos there are no photos taken of today. I can remember having Vietnamese food for lunch and dinner, plus this awesomely strong ICED COFFEE. But we didn’t visit any significant places. Not that I’m complaining, because I managed to almost finish The Pact. The book made me ponder a lot on the whole meaning of love and life. It’s a good read, borrow the book from me if you want!
That night, I slept pretty early, after awkward goodbyes were exchanged with J-Zach. Hmm, the next time I see him, he’d have changed a bunch.
[Day 8; 16th Nov]


Waking up at 4.30am in the morning didn’t seem like a great feat. We drove to the airport and got on the flight to Phoenix. After lunch and connecting flights, we finally arrived at Philadelphia International Airport in time for dinner. US Airways was terrible. HAHA, sorry, but I’m a total loyal Singapore Airlines fan. NO in-flight entertainment, how to survive hours on the plane???


Yeah, well, we grabbed a cab and headed towards 18th and Chestnut. My cousin’s co-renting an apartment there, and he’d only started working recently so I wasn’t expecting much.


When we got off the cab, WOW. His apartment had a NAME. “Belgravia”, it’s called. And the lobby was marble floored and had sofas and a floral centerpiece and carpets. WOW.


Going up to his apartment, (finding out it was actually a condo – it had facilities like a gym) was WOW too. 2 bedrooms, a HUGE living area, decent kitchen, 2.5 bathrooms. Bigger than my new house, I expect. Oh yes, I’d gotten news from Jac that the Pinnacle@Duxton (my new house from next year on – after renovation) is ready! Hee(:


My cousin brought us to this Sze Chuan restaurant he frequented in Chinatown. Okay, to be honest, I wasn’t a big fan. Just not to my liking I guess? I took photos anyway…


Walking back, it was pretty cold. Now I understand the term “BITTER cold”. Argh, I don’t remember Beijing/Switzerland/London being this unbearable. I miss Singapore! Can’t remember how it feels to perspire. HAHAHA. Oh well.


FYI, the time difference between Philly and SG is +13. So I’m half a day behind ya’ll(:


Ciao!


No comments: